Staying Well-Connected Using your iPhone
Helping you stay connected with family, friends and your business life can be if key advantage of your iPhone. Your iPhone offers tools for texting, email, phone and video communication. And together these tools can keep you engaged with the world around you.
Key topics explored will include:
- An overview of the essential tools to keep you connected.
- The basics of making and receiving phone calls and making conference calls.
- How to send and receive text messages.
- How to make a video call using FaceTime.
- Sending and Receiving email.
This course will raise your confidence in your ability to stay connected with your friends and family.
This Senior Tech Club Academy class will teach you the fundamentals about your iPhone.
We have distilled the best advice from cybersecurity experts who recommend key steps to help keep you safe online. These steps include:
- Mobile Device Security. Your devices carry a lot of information about you and your life. We will help you take action to help ensure your devices are secure with passcodes and FaceID or TouchID.
- Passwords are a challenge for many in our community. Your action plan needs rules for creating, using and remembering strong passwords. Your Apple devices have tools like Keychain that will help.
- Multifactor/Two-Factor authentication seems like a hassle to many. Let’s define, understand and endorse it so that we can make it a habit where it is available.
- Be Smart about WiFi. Using unsecured public WiFi can be a security concern. We will help you understand the issues and possible actions including using a VPN. We want to help you understand.
- Let’s identify a range of tools that are available on your iPhones and iPads that are intended to keep you safe.
Education, awareness and tools are an important part of your security plan. The objective of this class is to increase your awareness about online safety and present action steps that will help make your digital life more secure.
Please understand that no class can identify or protect you against every type of crime, fraud, or threat. But we hope that your learning from this class is a significant step toward your online safety.
Enrolled Students can gather on Zoom every Tuesday morning to ask questions and explore important course topics. Every week you will receive an email identifying the week’s lessons that you should explore during the weeks. In the Tuesday Zoom sessions we will explore questions that student have entered at the bottom of the lessons or new questions that are posed during the session.
The Sessions are casual and always informative.
Can’t make a Tuesday session? We will record the video and make it available to enrolled students.