The Magic of Long Press
Long Press is the action on your iPhone where you press and hold on an icon or screen item on your device. With some iPhone that have 3D touch, you will actually need to press more firmly for the magical function to appear.
Doing so will often present new features that are largely hidden and not always obvious.
In this Nugget, we will provide a list of ideas that you can try. Use a few or all as they match to the use of your iPhone.
Let’s do a simple list of the many ways that you can use Long Press to accomplish more and accomplish more faster on your iPhone.
- Use Long Press to put your iPhone into Jiggle mode so that you can move an icon to a new location on your Home screen. Get your most commonly used icons onto screen one of your Home screen.
- Organize your Home screen by grouping app icons in Folders. Use Long Press on one app icon in order to move it on top of another icon which will create an icon group or folder.
- Use Long to place a widget onto your Home screen. Widgets provide key information like weather, time, news or new emails.
- Use Long Press on the Camera icon as a shortcut to take a selfie or go immediately to video mode.
- Long Press on most app icons for a quick shortcut action specific to that app.
- Use Long Press on any icon in the Control Center. For example, Long Press on Do Not Disturb to customize your Do Not Disturb settings. Long Press on Bluetooth to go to setting to pair a new bluetooth device.
- Long Press on an item in your Recents phone log in order to add the phone number to a new contact or create a new Contact record.
- Uninstall an unwanted app. Long Press on an app icon. After it Jiggles you can access Remove App and other actions.
- Long Press on any key on the keyboard as you type in order to access additional characters like foreign characters, alternate symbols or fractions.
- Long Press on a specific email in your Mail Inbox to provide a shortcut path to Reply, Replay All, Forward and more.
These are a portion of the magic supplied by the Long Press. Check these out.
Use a Long Press and almost any icon in order to access shortcuts and useful functions. We hope you find it magical!